If I had even a penny for each time a 2 person lease agreement went sour, I’d be rich!
People go in on a house together all the time. Then life happens. Then one person wants the other one out.
And there are only 2 ways:
1. You both come in together at the same time and mutually agree to have one’s name removed from the lease OR
2. You give one calendar month’s notice in writing
1. Just ask to have a name removed
2. Tell me some sob story thinking I might just take the name off for you OR
3. Just not give notice at all and call me after your name appears on an eviction notice stating you haven’t lived there in since such and such date and shouldn’t be responsible for the rent. (insert game show incorrect buzzer sound)